3.29.2008

second response

So the lab tests have already been done. Apparently they'll become a normal part of my Hi-Nice-To-See-You-Every-Six-Months-Let's-Chat-About-Your-Colon-And-Puncture-That-Meatloaf-You-Call-A-Forearm visit. Unfortunately they couldn't give me the results yet... only my doctor can... which isn't really that reassuring.

Hah.

As you may be able to tell I've become a bit punchy about the joy of my healthcare. Trust me, I have a great doctor. And we have great insurance, thanks to the state of California. However, being 25 and kind of a hippie, I am really new to EVERY SINGLE PART of this whole she-bang that has become my gastroenterogical life. And the nurses are kind of mean. And I look 17, which has never helped. So getting frightening letters out of the blue with the words HEPATIC LIVR and other intimidating, all-caps, unintelligible phrases on it is a little much for me.

But it's all good. Not in the "I'm-dismissing-this-because-doing-taxes-is-just-more-important-and-legally-relevant-right-now" sort of way, but in the "This actually matters to me, but I'm walking through it well and trying to maintain my sense of humor, even though I occasionally call my mom freaking out" sort of way. I'm doing fine, health-wise. I'm doing much better emotionally. And I'm looking forward to the day when I can pop a pill instead of the lovely topical treatment we're doing now. Oy.

The good thing: I still get to live. My actual life. Which I really love. Along with Jesus. And Joey. And all that makes me pretty happy.

3 comments:

Kit said...

and you forgot to mention that you are beautiful and amazing and my favorite.
and you didn't say that despite this whole crappy-ness, you still hold hearts and care and pray and love so well.
and if you didn't know already, remember that i am so amazed by you and the eyes that the Lord has given you to see things.... and the heart through which all things are filtered.

and you forgot to mention that you bring peace to souls... mine especially.

macaraw.

trinity said...

Oh we are so in the same place. Not do we live in the same place, work in the same place, ad worship in the same place. Apparently we are both in the land of doctors and lab results and all that craziness. I totally forgot to tell you that I received this multi page document telling me all sorts of vital information about the levels of hormones in my body the problem; it was all in code.

But I am with Kit. The fact that we can go through all of these insane tests together provides Peace. Peace that can only come from someone who is in the same boat in the same storm with you.

Thanks for not letting me drown in the midst of stress, and I hope I can keep you afloat as well.

Much Love

trinity said...

Ps. Missed you last night hope you are feeling better today!