7.09.2008

fit is go



Much to the joy of... well... everyone in my life, we have finally bought a new car. With air conditioning. And power windows. And airbags. It is awesome and black and a Honda Fit. Joey tried to do this great finagling scheme that his brother does, and it would have worked wonderfully if we weren't buying a car that everyone and their mother wants right now. So we went through Costco instead and saved a small chunk o' change. Wahoo for family businesses that lovingly retain you on their Costco membership. We needed something that wrestling a child into and out of would not cause severe neck trauma (although we apparently have chiropractic coverage with Joey's new health plan -- wahoo!); and that would not break down anytime I drove it alone without a cell phone (the Jeep really has it in for me). We can only praise God for continuing to provide for us and place encouraging and supportive people in our lives. And so... drumroll please...

The Fit. It still needs a name.



Also, tonight was the first night in a while that we were able to sneak a couple of quiet hours just for ourselves (and I mean two) to have dinner and work on projects before the busy evening takes off. We've been eating all of our meals outside on the back patio because it's just so lovely, and grilling most of them because it is too stinking hot in the house. Our post dinner activities: Joey catching up with his Pops and me catching up on my Garrison Keillor while working on a new Sunday School promo for the church (a very awesome, inter-generational, story/Jesus-based sharing time).



Welp, I have to run down to camp to lead a small family group, then it's back up here for a Day Camp Boys hair-dying party. Fun fun fun. Someday I may be able to do my own laundry, but I might be getting a little to eager. Hah!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

well my car was named fred when i was a teen.. although i am sure you will think of something a bit more creative. it is an awesome little car and i think it suits you perfect! it has a cool factor but is also very GREEN. i hope it treats you better than the jeep (o:

also, very cool design, you have so much talent, it is impressive and very neat to see. it makes me very proud (*/*)

hmmm... on the other hand... you look really thin and tired, please take care honey, i love you.
xo mum

Unknown said...

hi hidonia,

that is your name translated from an ancient tuscan language. i love your guys new car... very cool and european. i think it “fits” you two just right. also love your design on the computer. you have a great future ahead of you designing all kinds of cools things for your little one coming. he/she will have the best birthday invitations and room decorations. probably very global looking. i miss you both and tell joe your mom and i are planning on cycling in a race. but on the other hand, we might just go out to a nice lunch and have a half bottle of chianti.

love and miss you,

gugliamo (william in italian)

Becca said...

Oh, I am so happy to see you blogging again! I have missed "hearing your voice" through the wonders of the internet. I love how you write and photo your life. It makes me happy. I aspire to be as cool as Heidi when I grow up. :)
PS- I have re-entered the blogging world.... for now.

Colleen Franklin said...

do you remember Gunter and Bonnie?
Brad's red '70 Beetle & my blue '69? We miss them....

What about Fido? Or the Shadow? Or the Dark Knight? or...(hmm..) Meleagris? (that's black in botanical speak.) I'm coming up black otherwise. I DO know that the new car needs to make an appearance at 15 Forest soon...