12.19.2008

news

Greetings to all from the great blogging desert. It's been a rather eventful fall here in our cabin in the woods.

Brief update:

1. eyeballs are better. thank you steroids.
2. cruised to mexico for an anniversary celebration with awesome married friends. ensenada was better than anticipated. wish i lived closer to several of my favorite people.
3. dashed up to oregon to celebrate becca's ordination. such a beautiful thing to be a part of. even cried a little bit. wish several of my favorite people lived closer to me.
4. reconnected with a wonderful old friend. she came to visit and we had a smashing time. i love how stories change and grow, but the deep inside heart remains so connected.
5. had a fabulous black and white halloween party (i'll post pics later). there is nothing as cute as little white pumpkins in zorro masks.
6. was brave and tried out for our church's christmas play. got a part. began practicing a lot.
7. familia came to visit for thanksgiving. i love them. i miss them. kit's lemon meringue pie is to die for. seriously.
8. had a play. it ended up wonderfully. played a pregnant college student trying to figure out if she wants to place the baby for adoption or not, ends up giving birth onstage (on an airplane). surprisingly funny, quite subtle, very original. i like my creative community.
9. have been a little sick. but it's all good...

...because I'm pregnant.

Surprise! Certainly was for us! You know, since I'm not technically able to get pregnant and all. Hah. We found out October 28th and Joey made me secretly virgin drinks at the halloween party. I endured months of "when you're preggo" comments throughout play practice and suspecting looks from a few friends. We're really excited, especially since the scary part has passed. We are SO appreciative to those who've been praying, and would like to invite the rest of you to please join in. I'm considered "high risk" for a variety of reasons, so we can really use it. I had my 3rd ultrasound yesterday, and the Nugget is looking great. Arms, legs, fingers, heartbeat, I could even see its nose! It's pretty cool that it's started looking like an actual human being. It's due on July 5th, but since it's Joey's baby, I'd be surprised if it didn't come on the Fourth. Because of America and everything.

I am now joining the ridiculous number of people I know who are pregnant right now. Which is fun.

So there you go. Consider yourselves updated.

6 comments:

Bill Chiaravalle said...

Hello little Nugget! So excited about your soon arrival into this fast and furious world. I am praying for you as you spend your time being knit together in Heidi’s belly-pod.

emily said...

This is like the best Christmas news ever! Wahoo! I'm so excited for you! We will definitely be praying for you. What a wonderful thing that we can experience this at the same time. Yay for becoming mommies!

Colleen Franklin said...

Can't wait to hang with lil Nugget next summer!
We are so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

congrats! i am so excited for you!!!!

Dena said...

Our nuggets will be BEST friends! :)

xoxo

CONGRATS!

Tirsa Baker said...

Brian and I are SO very excited for you guys! I can't wait to see you guys as parents. You are such loving people! Brian, Keith and I will put Nugget in our bedtime prayers nightly! Miss you guys!
Tirsa