9.19.2008

dinosaurs

It is not a secret that I love dinosaurs. Not just, "Hey those giant dead lizards are pretty cool," but "Hey, seeing Sue the T-Rex at the Natural HIstory Museum made me flip my lid at 16." I really, really love these guys. Have since my friend Marissa in first grade (who had glasses and a birthday on Saint Patrick's Day) had a dinosaur sleepover party. Awesome. Especially for a 7 year-old girl. A stegosaurus would kick the tiny plastic ass of any My Little Pony. My personal favorite growing up: the Brachiosaurus. He's like the Blue Whale of dinosaurs (also a favorite), even though he's now known to not be the biggest. Also, he's from Colorado. Which is where many cool things hang out, at least for a while.

Anyway.

While digigng around in some boxes the other day, I found a collection of stories I wrote around 2nd grade. Here's one of my favorites. Verbatim. Just in case you think my first grade self is almost as fab as I think she is. Note my long-lived love of Taco Bell (curse you colitis!).


If I Saw A Stegosaurus
As I was walking down a hilll on Sunday, I saw a Stegasauras. It was fat and purpple. I named it Gina. She was nice. I brought her home with me. She had a baby. It was very cute. So we named it Cris. His favorite food is taco supreme.

The picture accompanying this lovely tale was my own illustration. I'd like to send a shout out of thanks to my mum for saving all of this wonderful what-not, and to all the archeologists of the land for encouraging my love of the pre-Barney purple dinosaur.

3 comments:

Tirsa Baker said...

Hi Heidi!
I loved your blog. I too have always been a huge fan of them. I think my favorite was a terradactyl. I am not sure why because they dont look very friendly. In fact, they are quite scary. However, I do love dressing my little boy in monster and dinosaur clothing. Forget the bears and cars! We miss you guys!

Unknown said...

geesh. you have been talented since you were two or three. before that you were simply cute, scrumptious and adorable (although a little to grown up...)
pretty sweet!
grrrrrrrrrrr

emily said...

You've always had a flare for writing! My mom recently gave me a few of my "works of art" from elementary school. They're pretty awesome...:)