1.06.2009

and now we're on display

Hello 2009! We're back from the cold north, which wasn't too bad, actually. It was fabulous to visit mi familia, even though most of them were/ended up with the Flu of Death. Seriously, Laura puked 12 times, Bill passed out twice, Wil and Kristen had to spend the day in airplane/airport bathrooms, Claire had to spend the day in bed, and Joey had to take a day off from work (which NEVER happens). Yeep! I had the "nastiness" with none of the puking, luckily. Other than the last weekend, it was a lovely, quiet Christmas. Surprise visit from my dad (the first time in our ENTIRE marriage of 5.5 years) and Joey actually vacationed while on vacation. Many movies and chocolates and good times with old friends. Nice.

Due to much peer pressure and "be a normal preggo girl" guilt, I'm going to try and take pictures of my growing belly. Body image issues be gone! Or at least be vanquished to the closet for a little bit! Actually, as I was trying to take a relatively flattering picture of my least-confident part of myself, I found myself excited about this preggo body for the first time ever. Really. So far I've just felt bloated and awkward, but it's beginning -- just beginning -- to look like there might be a 4 inch nugget rolling around in there, pushing my intestines and lumpiness out for all to see. Which is fun. Really. We're having a good time, this nugget and joey and me. Also, Christmas Bella Bands help a LOT.

So here is me and the Great Unborn. Doing well. Tooling around. Tolerating each other's space pretty well.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you and your bump are quite attractive. Thanks for sharing the space with Nugget.

kris {life at the table} said...

fun!

Unknown said...

causes tears to your mum. happy ones.

Colleen Franklin said...

With the last pregnany (at 8 1/2 months) I agreed to be a model for my friend's life drawing class. They wanted nude. They settled for clothes!

MamaBee said...

Oh Heidi! You are looking awesome! Matt & I can't wait to see the little Nugget when s/he is done percolating!

emily said...

Yay! Thanks for the picture, and the update. I'm sad that our time in Sisters didn't overlap. Someday.

I'm glad you're feeling well!