1.12.2009

Up

Today I slept in until noon.

This is not uncommon for me on days off. It is disgustingly indulgent and I will continue for as long as possible because I have a feeling that the nugget will not be quite as content with seriously extended snuggling as the monster dog is.

I explained to Joey that I don't actually SLEEP until so late, but that I generally lie in bed and daydream for a good hour or more. He laughed at me. Hard.

I gave him a Stern Face.

He hid his Cracking Up Face and played some very loud Irish Punk in my direction.

I like our relationship.

Also, we spent Sunday evening being exhausted, eating chili, and watching Pixar movies.

This is a big plus for me. I've found that pregnancy has really... err... "heightened" my emotional senses. Which has leaned farther and farther toward the bizarre end of things for a Girl Who Is Severely Controlling Of Her Emotional Self. Luckily, the Navy Blues have really been helped by fantastic computer animation and John Lasseter's passion for excellence. Truth and innocence are safe retreats for me. I think they are for most of us.

Anyway, I wanted to leave you all with the next great offering from the love child of George Lucas and Mickey Mouse, Up. Because secretly inside we all believe that it's possible for even me.

3 comments:

Dena said...

Well we will HAVE to start some sort of support group named Sleeping in Till Noon BECAUSE it take so dang long to fall asleep!! I completely agree on that one! SORRY JOE. Maybe you and Josh can start a different group!! :)

HI NUGGET!! Baby GIRL says hello, can't wait to meet you! :)

emily said...

Yay for pixar! Thanks for sharing. Have you started crying at TV commercials yet? I totally did one day. A lot of songs bring on the waterworks too...I don't even know how many times I cried in the car on the way to work. It's started to calm down now...although now I cry over things like feeling incredibly inadequate to be taking on this whole parenting thing. *sigh*
ready or not!

Bill Chiaravalle said...

Beautifully written and a delight to the poetic ear.