1.22.2009

popping

I got into bed the other night and Joey said, "Wow, you're really starting to get a belly there!" Being the good-natured pregnant woman that I am, I laughed, "Ha-ha-ha!"

Ha.

I'm only up 3 pounds or so, but MAN it seems like more. It's popping out. Especially at night. Oh the joy.

Also, apparently during pregnancy if you don't have an immune system (due to your gastrointestinal auto-immune disease), you become a walking petri dish. Got any spare germs? Send 'em my way! We've got a party going on in my sinuses! All night long! BYO Kleenex! Fun.

Braxton-Hicks have started already. Odd and only occasionally disconcerting. Upside: women who have more BH earlier tend to have shorter labors! Woo-hoo! I'm still being really careful. My doctor was very clear last time we went (Good solid heartbeat! Sweet!), so I'm being good.

Anyway, here's what we've all been waiting for:

3 comments:

Becca said...

Your blog title makes me think of the oh-so-special song lyrics, "gonna get get get it poppin"

Colleen Franklin said...

Check out rosa-sinensis!
This is what happens when you guys stay over at our house til 11....
you get dreamed about.

Benjamin Kinzer said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Ben. Say hi to Joe!!!!!!

This is such great news!!!