2.09.2008

once

My mum came back from mexico and remeinded me of a movie I'd wanted to see last summer, but never got around to. I bumped it up on the Netflix and had a fabulous cheap date tonight with my favorite husband. We made barbecue chicken pizza with salad and shared a bottle of wine while kicked back in front of the fireplace, watching Once. I was teary in the first 15 minutes. Just because it's beautiful. So very beautiful. It made me miss Europe in a way that I hadn't ever before. I can always tell that I'm really adoring a film when I want to be living in the everydays of the characters; and I so wanted to in this one. We bought the soundtrack immediatly after (thanks Chris and Kee!) and have listened to it straight through twice in the last two hours. So delicious. Please, please be advised to enjoy. Other than a very UK overusage of the F-word, there is absolutely nothing uncomfortable about this film. It will bring a softness to your soul that you've been sorely missing all week. Do enjoy.

2 comments:

kris {life at the table} said...

my mom just recommended this to me a couple weeks ago...i think it's about 3rd or 4th on our queue right now. yay!

Unknown said...

Oh I am so glad you loved it! I watched it all alone sitting at LAX and kept telling Bill, "You have to hear this soundtrack". I thought it was so great. I liked how it did not end perfect, but hated it also. it was a very good movie and that music... I think I need to learn to purchase music I love...

I love you
mum
xo